Eldorado is the 4th largest city in the state of São Paulo, with 70% of its area covered by intact Atlantic Forest, in an excellent state of conservation. The municipality was part of the first cycle of the gold of the country, in the early seventeenth century, still with the old name of Xiririca (indigenous word that means running water). It became a municipality on March 10, 1842.
DR. JAMES McFADDEN GASTON
SUE G. BRUMBY
On March 2, 1857, the first steamer (the "Star") arrived in the village of Xiririca, initiating a promising period of flow of production and entry of goods from the great centers