Riverside Memorial Park
19351 SE County Line Road, Tequesta, FL 33469 | 561-747-1100

Riverside Memorial Park

In January 1907, the Jupiter Cemetery Association purchased 4.5 acres on the north fork of the Loxahatchee River, which at the time, was still in Dade County.

Since the only means of reaching the cemetery was the Loxahatchee River, the association built a pier that made it possible to transport the caskets to the cemetery by towboat. County Line Road, as we know it today, was then a sand road called Cemetery Road. In 1925, Martin County was created and the road was renamed.

In 1947, Roy S. Rood became the owner of the cemetery. He enlisted members of the American Legion Post #271 to place shell rock on the sand paths. He maintained the cemetery in this manner until 1973, at which time he purchased another 30 acres of land and created the beginnings of Riverside Memorial Park. He planted the dozens of majestic oak trees that create the canopied roadways and are the signature of the park.

In 1997, Mr. Rood sold the cemetery which is now part of the Dignity Memorial® network of funeral, cremation and cemetery providers. Since its inception, beautiful Riverside Memorial Park has been the resting place of choice for people from all walks of life who call Florida’s northern Palm Beach and southern Martin County home.

Buried At Riverside
Edward Harrison Covar
Two Sons Of Andrew J. Henderson